- Free: stemCONNECT is a FREE resource available to all Florida schools.
- Fits with Your Schedule: Staff will coordinate a date and time that meets your school's unique schedule.
- Reinforces Classroom Topics: stemCONNECT team will review your request and ensure to provide a speaker that will address the topics students are learning about.
- Opportunity for Outside Role-Models: Outside speakers will help excite students and encourage them to pursue STEM.
- Introduce New Topics: Kick-off a new topic by introducing a real-world application to answer the initial "why do I need to learn this?" to help pique their interest and curiosity in the topic.
- Reinforce a Topic: Reinforce everything your students learned by showcasing a relevant career and talking to experts who utilize concepts and vocabulary in their presentation.
- Cross-Curricular Connections: Show how STEM applies to arts, language arts, history and more. STEM IS EVERYWHERE!
- Highlight a College: Help students learn about the opportunities after graduation from high school. We highlight colleges, universities, apprenticeships, trade-schools, and their programs.
- Career Exploration: Showcase the exciting STEM careers across Florida High-Tech industries.
- Special Programs: Join a special opportunity for behind the scenes, seminars, conference tours, and more! All opportunities are designed to expand insight into industries.
How It Works
- stemCONNECT team will work with your schedule and specific classroom needs to arrange a date that works with the speaker. Once a speaker is confirmed you will receive an email with event details and calendar invite.
- Join a quick tech-check to ensure audio, video, and internet connection are working properly to avoid technical issues the day of the actual sessions. In addition, stemCONNECT will help ensure your classroom is set up for optima viewing. Prior to STEM session you can check to ensure that you will not have any issues when joining session, check setup here.
- Enjoy! A stemCONNECT Coordinator will introduce the speaker and monitor the session in the background.
Classroom Technical Requirements
- High-Speed Internet
- Webcam and Microphone (Built-in or External) If you do not have access to a webcam, please contact our team and we will provide one.
- Students Need:
- Internet Access
- Electronic Device with access to a web application (Cell phone, Computer or Tablet)
Workforce Introduction Videos: Watch these short
videos that introduce STEM Careers from our STEM Experts and Partners!
stemCONNECT Blog: Read the stemCONNECT Blog for stories, resources, announcements, and more information!
Virtual STEM Calendar: Check out our calendar of upcoming stemCONNECT sessions and other free virtual opportunities from stemCONNECT Partners.